At Flourish Clinic we work hard to help you balance all aspects of your health: mind, body, and soul. To complement our medical services Sheena Huculak, RN, RHN offers Holistic Nutrition Consulting and Health Coaching. She also specializes in helping patients make the change to the keto diet.
Sheena will examine all areas of your health including food, exercise, lifestyle, environment, sleep, and relationships. She will then address your imbalances and help you create specific health goals.
Our approach is gentle yet effective. At Flourish we believe in eating real whole foods, high amounts of quality fats, and specific carbohydrates at targeted times according to your unique needs.
What is a Health Coach?
Sheena supports clients in achieving their health goals through lifestyle and behaviour modifications. This includes weight loss, energy enhancement, de-stressing/re-balancing, improving nutrition, decreasing systemic inflammation, and managing chronic disease symptoms.
Her credentials include:
- Bachelor of Nursing and more than 10 years spent in nursing
- Training in Holistic Nutrition – focused on eating healthy food as close to its natural state as possible.
- Bulletproof Coach to help her clients learn, change and develop in order to realize their potential.
Sheena mentors, inspires, guides and motivates her patients to cultivate positive health habits. She has a heart centered approach that keeps patients accountable and goal focused.
Most people know what they could be doing to enhance their health, but they just don’t do it. Why is that?
Sheena takes the time to dive in. She is trained to listen and really hear you, even the words you can’t or won’t say. She cannot solve your problems, but she will support you in connecting with your inner wisdom and guide you in finding the solutions that work for you. This is not a one-size-fits-all kind of plan. Together you will establish very specific individualized goals that will encompass whatever you are looking to change or enhance in your life. Sheena listens with compassionate ears and 100% confidentiality.
Health Coaching is becoming more recognized, as we realize the important role it plays in filling the nurturing gap between doctor and patient, keeping people on the track to good health.
A Health Coaching package includes:
- One complimentary 20 minute Clarity Call where we can discuss your goals and chat a bit to ensure we are the right fit to work together;
- Choice of one, two or three month Health Coaching Package. A three month commitment is strongly recommended as it allows for the most growth.
- Four sessions per month for one, two or three months depending on your package. These sessions will last on average 60 minutes on a weekly basis unless otherwise specified by coach/client;
- Correspondence in between sessions via email, text, or phone call (maximum two correspondences per day);
- Initial coaching intake form to help establish goals;
- Homework to keep you focused and growing;
- A personalized action plan and self-care program.
Individual Health Coaching Session:
- One 60 minute consultation to make personalized health recommendations. This option is informative and supportive, flexible and can be booked as needed.
All sessions and information disclosed within will be held confidential as per the Flourish Clinic privacy agreement.
Schedule & Fees:
Individual Health Coaching Session: $95/hour
One Month Health Coaching Package: $320 for four sessions
Two Month Health Coaching Package: $640 for eight sessions, either paid in full prior to first session at $576, or two monthly payments of $320.
Three Month Health Coaching Package: $960 for twelve sessions, either paid in full prior to the first session at $864 or three monthly payments of $320.
Coaching sessions are conducted by phone or Zoom. A three month commitment is strongly recommended as it allows for the most growth.
I only work with clients who are motivated and ready for change, committed to being held accountable, showing up 100% for each session, and willing to break out of their comfort zone.
Sheena specializes in keto diet coaching – a diet that more and more people are finding help combat their fatigue and help them achieve their health goals.
What is the Ketogenic diet?
This is a high fat, moderate protein, low carbohydrate diet. Generally the macronutrient ratio varies depending on goals. Those on the diet obtain at least 60-75% of calories from fat, 15-30% of calories from protein, and 5-10% of calories from carbohydrates.
How does the ketogenic diet work?
Eating a high fat, low carbohydrate diet changes the way your body converts food into energy. The keto diet puts you into ketosis, a metabolic state where your body burns fat instead of glucose for fuel. When the body cannot get glucose from carbohydrates your liver converts fatty acids from your diet into ketones, an alternative source of energy.
How is the ketogenic diet beneficial?
As your body burns ketones instead of glucose you will gain:
- Increased mental energy and focus. Ketones help the brain create more mitochondria, the powerhouse in your cells. More energy in your cells means more overall energy for you!
- Reduced systemic inflammation The keto diet cuts out inflammatory processed foods that contribute to systemic inflammation.
- Weight loss through burning fat. The hunger hormone is suppressed while the hormone which makes you feel full is increased.
- Blood Sugar control. Eating low carb naturally lowers blood sugar levels. If you are pre-diabetic or have Type 2 diabetes you should consider the ketogenic diet under the supervision of a knowledgeable health practitioner.
The keto diet is certainly gaining traction for the positive effects outlined above. However, as you are fundamentally changing the way your body gets its energy Flourish Clinic highly recommends you follow the keto diet under the supervision of a knowledgeable health practitioner. Sheena is qualified to assist you on your keto journey.